Thursday, June 18, 2009

Home Sweet Home....Part 1 (Cont'd)

Yes, we are here and getting settled. I will post pictures as soon as there are fewer boxes sitting around. We are pretty settled.....I am avoiding the big boxes marked "pictures" because they have TOO much paper in there (and I am not ready to decorate). Most everything else is at least out of the box, if not totally organized. We are LOVING our house and our area. This is definitely a change from the Deep South.

We are filling the house up pretty well. I thought that it would be too big for us, but it really isn't at all. The downstairs has some open space, and we haven't filled up the storage space at all, but the upstairs living space looks good. We ordered a new big rug for the upstairs living room (there is no carpet in the house at all). This weekend we have a few curtains to put up and some garage items to sort, but after that it is all "fun" stuff, like decorating here and there. I DO need to make a run to the Greenhouse for some more plants (my great gal-pal Lindsey welcomed us to the area with our first live green plant....part of the pain of moving so often is never keeping greenery).

Stay tuned for updates....Karl is on leave for the next 2 1/2 weeks, so we will get all settled and maybe even have a chance to do some things outside of the house!!!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I LOVE your house!!! I can't believe how quickly you've unpacked and gotten settled - pin a Super AF Spouse emblem on your chest. I guess moving 4 times in 2 years teaches you some tricks huh?

Unknown said...

Yeah for getting settled!! Doesn't it feel great when a new house starts feeling like home?

Shelly said...

Can't wait to see your place! U bet it is so nice to have old friends close by!