Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Week With the Folks

I have been absent around here....I know. We have had the pleasure of guests this past week, and I just haven't been updating the blog as usual.

My parents came to town to help celebrate Payton's #5 and we have been BUSY!!! Here are some pics of our adventures.

Visiting the Vienna Caboose. Payton's favorite stop in town.

Helping Gramp soak his "owie." Gramp had a nasty splinter that didn't want to come out, so we made him an onion poultice that he wore all week....MUCH to my mother's chagrin. He STUNK!!!

Payton's new-old train that belonged to his Great Uncle Herb when he was a boy. Notice the Lego Man along for a ride.

Somebody is 5!!!!

Opening presents at Payton's Birthday BBQ with friends and family.

A Bolt cake.....taking a break from the train theme.

Back to the train theme.....riding the rails at the B & O Railroad Museum.

Payton's first day of his last year of preschool.

Visiting the D.C. sites while I was at the dentist.

Picking some Blue Crab. Hey, there is Collin! Yes, we still have him, he just wasn't in many of the pictures. :)

Still picking Blue Crab....and wearing some too.

Family shot at the Stone Bridge at the Manassas National Battlefield (minus Collin who was in school).

Thanks for the great visit Gramp and Moma!!!!

3 comments:

KCB said...

How fun! I love it when family visits, too. Looks like you all are making the most of your VA assignment already much like you did in AL. And, I know I've said it before but I'll say it again: You are one awesome mama! Your boys are so lucky to have you!

Trish said...

You guys have all the train spots covered! Happy Birthday to P. I love how the lego man made his way into the photo :)

marg said...

Good job highlighting the events of the week....We had a great time and are so looking forward to the next trip!