Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snownami 2009

I am stealing the term from my friend Andy who was laughing at our D.C. snowstorm. Snownami 2009 turned out to be all that they said that it would be. Now, D.C. does get snow, but not very often does it get 20 inches in 24 hours, and that is just what we got. I was doubtful, but it happened, and we have had a good time enjoying our Winter Wonderland this weekend before Christmas.
It started in late Friday night, and when I got up Friday morning we had about 6 inches. It continued to snow all day, and we went out in it a few times to play. Don't let this shovel fool you, he wasn't being very helpful with it. :)

The Abominable SnowPayton

Kodiak loves the snow, as long as his people are out in it with him, and he isn't needing to poop. :)

Chillin' in the snow

Crawling in the snow

Since we were stuck in the house all day we did lots of stuff to keep busy......games, cooking, eating, movies. It was fun, but not for more than one day. :)

Last night I measured it to be between 18-23 inches in various places. Now, even for me, who considers herself a "Montana Girl," two feet of snow in one day is a tad much.

Our Christmas lights look pretty though. :)

This morning Karl dug out the driveway, but our street, nor our cross street have yet to be plowed, so I am not sure how far we will be driving. They just don't have enough plow equipment to maintain all the roads in a storm like this one. Our neighbor told us we may not get plowed at all. A huge SUV got stuck in on our street this afternoon and it took four men to get them out. I think I might wait for that plow....

Pretty Weimaraner who scoffs at Snownami 2009!!!

5 comments:

marg said...

So glad you all had no problems with all that white stuff...looks like everyone had some fun in the snow and out!! Kodiak looks so regal....

Sandy and Anna said...

WOW! It looks so incredible. Such pretty pictures. The boys look so cute in the snow! Can you send a little this way?? I would love to have a white Christmas!!

Strommer Family said...

Wasn't it insane...we braved it and even pushed out the car from the parking lot a few times to take some food to the homeless of Laurel here...aren't we such good samaritans!! We had agreed to it before the "Snownami" though!! ;)

Angela said...

That's "snow" crazy! Our street never gets plowed either and judging by the looks of yours, you might never get out! But, at least you get a white Christmas!

Lynn said...

Love the title. Loved the snow. Didn't like shoveling. Love the pictures.