Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow Day #4

Virginians seem to panic when we get the smallest bit of snow here. This means no milk in the grocery store, lines at the gas station, and certainly no school!

Right before Christmas they closed school for three days for 20 inches (I will allow one day. They should have gone back after that). A few weeks later they had a two hour delay for an INCH. Today they closed school for four inches. The roads were completely clear and it is 40 degrees as I type this....you make the call.

Needless to say, I actually had some things planned this morning that did NOT include two little boys who should have been in school. We did get some play time in too....this pic looks like they are in jail. I wish.

Payton practiced writing his name in the snow

And he made a snow train for a "homework" assignment for preschool.

Now that they have used up all their built in snow days, they will have a make up day on Presidents Day. I think if global warming keeps up, they need to invest in some snow education here in NOVA. :(

4 comments:

KCB said...

LOL I know these snow days must be frustrating for you. :P The first time it snowed up here I was like, "OMG! We should have gone to the store yesterday. I'm sure everything's closed right now." Joel just laughed and told me that the 2 inches on the ground was nothing to freak out about and folks up here were used to worse. Of course, he was right...business as usual. I'm starting to get used to it now, too. Even trekked it to the gym in the middle of snowfall. I was so darned proud of myself that day. LOL

Sarah said...

We went back with a 2 hour delay yesterday morning. I know what you mean about the grocery store. The lines here on Friday were ridiculous!

marg said...

Only Payton would make a train out of snow!! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow when they call school off!!

Shelly said...

I actually miss the snow... we havent had much of any in Jan out here in CO... and they def. dont close school unless it is a blizzard!