We spent a lovely morning in the city taking in some of the sights around the Mall. Such fun.....
The three of us at the Lincoln Memorial looking back at the Washington Monument
The boys on the steps
Daddy and Payton with President Lincoln
Karl posing me like a dork
We took a picnic lunch and enjoyed a stop in the shade before we headed into the Museum of American History
The museum trip wasn't planned. We went in to check out the trains and will go back at another date to see the rest. It is an AMAZING museum!!! Collin did find the C3PO costume from Return of the Jedi...that was a highlight for him (though he probably would have been happier with Princess Lea and her gold bikini!).
6 comments:
What a fun day! I love a day at the Mall just seeing where your feet take you. And I love that the museums are FREE, so you can just pop in without feeling guilty if you don't "get your money's worth". (Or is that just me?) ;)
Love the scorpion shirt and dorky photo!! Sounds like a fun day was had by all..........
We had a great night site seeing the Mall too. love the pics!
Fun, I can't wait to get to DC and see some of the sights.
I'm all caught up w your blog. :) Your day trips into the city all look so cool and fun. I love DC! Definitely one of my fave cities. Can't wait to see what other adventures you get into. Miss ya, girl!
Looks like so much fun! I'm very envious.
Post a Comment