We just got home from a week long trip to Maine to visit family and have a bit of a vacation. It was also a "working vacation" as we had to load up our rental truck and bring back all of the things that I took from my Grammie's house in May. :(
We managed to get three beautiful days and three rainy days, which is better than usual for Maine in June. We spent three days with my Aunt Linda and Uncle Steve at their home in Portland, taking in the sights, riding the ferry out to an island, and playing a round of golf (Karl only). And then we spent three days with my Uncle Tim and Aunt Sue at their lake house on Little Sebago. The boys had a wonderful time at each place and have fond memories of Maine now tucked away in their heads. :)
And we even got to see my Dad too as he was in Maine to meet up with my other Uncle who is moving to Montana and my Dad was there to drive with him across the country.
Thanks to all for helping us have a wonderful trip!!!
Collin learning to kayak.....he took to it like a fish to water. :)
4 comments:
Such a good family picture!
Looks like a vacation that was the perfect mix of family, rest, and things to do. nice.
Hey Gretchen, Where is this botanical garden and museum that you found...I want to go too and it sounds pretty close to me as well if you're in DC
Looks like fun. Sorry I have have been out of touch. We just got back from Italy.
I didn't remember that you were from Maine. Doug and I have been on a kick recently that once we're done here, we're moving to Maine! Neither of us have ever been there but the pictures we've seen are so beautiful. Love the Peaks Island shot.
Post a Comment