Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Compromise

Last Friday, Payton's preschool went on a field trip to Frying Pan Park and Kidwell Farm. This was a great little farm with lots of baby animals being born right there in the nursery. So, Payton fell in love with the HUGE sow and all her piglets and really wanted to bring one home. I told him he would have to ask Daddy (because I didn't want to say no to that cute little face!).

Daddy of course said no, that we lived in the city and didn't have a barn. So then he saw one of those barn-like sheds in the Home Depot parking lot and he decided that all we needed was that. Daddy still said no.

Not to be deterred, he decided that his Gramp and Moma had a barn and could certainly keep a pig there until we moved to Montana too (at which time we already have one of those barn-like sheds in the back yard of our house and Piglet could live there!) So he called his Gramp and asked him...I am not sure that Gramp had the heart to say no either. Let me tell you that Payton REALLY had this well thought out. :)

So, I told him today that we could get a piglet....a Webkinz piglet. We picked him/her up today...no pen required. :) The name is still forthcoming....I suggested Bacon, Pork Chop, and Ham Bone.


2 comments:

wildcatfanva said...

Super cute pig! I haven't seen that one. We are currently collecting cats because we don't have one of those yet either.

marg said...

Love those dimples.....