We went out to the Air Show at Andrews Air Force Base (or Joint Base Andrews....not sure what we are supposed to be calling it these days) today, and I must say, it makes me miss California more than ever.
I haven't seen the U2 since we left Korea, and it was like seeing an old friend (or crazy Aunt). I know, I know.....we are supposed to make the best of every assignment and "grow where we are planted," but damn it, I do NOT love D.C.!!! I am just reminded of that seeing a piece of our "old life," and maybe (cross your fingers) our not-too-distant-future-life again.
She was just as pretty as I remember. Even C and P acted like they missed it. Both insisted on 99th RS souvenirs, as if we don't have enough. :)
Oh well, we will do our best to be happy where we are at for the time being. Beale isn't all that and a cup of cocoa anyhow....but it SURELY isn't the Pentagon either.
4 comments:
so fun! glad you had a good time! I know things like that pull at your heart strings! Fingers crossed that your path will speed along quickly. Amazing how DC can suck the life force out of so many! let's set a date soon to meet up!
I hear you... I miss Beale too... not so much the base, but the people, places like bridgeport, and the simpleness of it all... I will keep my fingers crossed you head back that way!
Aww :) Du worked with the guys out at Beale when we were down at Langley. And now we have a good friend who just PCSed out there.
There are so many things to do around here! Keep on the positive...and I'll travel around here with you if you want!
We were hoping to see a B2 out there, but those are few and far between.
We are keeping our fingers crossed for a move back 'West' for you too! Collin is looking so old...
Post a Comment