One very difficult thing about our military life, is moving far away from those friends whom you make along the way. As much as I would like to keep close contact with everyone I meet and love from every assignment, it just doesn't happen. :(
Fortunately, there are a few very special people with whom I try to keep up with, and one of them, my dear friend Liza, came for a visit this past weekend with her two kiddos as well (her beloved husband, Jeremy, is in Honduras for a few more months)
Liza and I met during our time in Del Rio and were lucky enough to be not too far away from one another while we were at Beale and they were stationed down the road at Travis. They are currently out in Arizona, but will probably be moving again in the coming year. Here we are being goofy and doing the cactus pose to amuse her 4 year old. :) Yes, we are that weird.
And one of our other girlfriends from Texas, who happens to live here in DC, also came out one afternoon. Good times.
Thank you Miss Liza, Maddy, and Jake for coming to see us. Next time it is our turn!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment