Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grand Canyon


If you have never done the Grand Canyon, you really should. Anything I type won't do it much justice, but it truly is amazing. I can't belive that we haven't done it until now. It is a little freaky with small kids....those fences are AWFULLY close to the edge in some spots, but at least there ARE fences. :)


We got up there by about 8:30 in the morning to beat the summer crowds. It wasn't busy at all, and Kodiak got to go everywhere that we did (they said that Meish could too, on a leash.....yeah, right!) Anyhow, it was a beautiful morning and an amazing sight to see.

Here is the whole family, minus Kodiak and Meish. There were other dogs out at this vista, so I kept him in the car.



Same view, just the two boys

The Frederick Weim on a trail

Me and Kodiak.....if you know my sister Heidi, I TOTALLY look like her here I think.




Desert View at the East Entrance of the South Rim. Yes, it was really that hazy this morning.



South Rim near the South Entrance




3 comments:

Lynn said...

Awesome! That is still on our list of places we must see. Thanks for sharing these pictures. Did you get to see the sunset? I've heard that is just breathtaking.

Lindsey said...

Beautiful family...beautiful location!

KCB said...

Great pics!!! I hope to get there someday. Enjoy your time in Montana!