It "snowed" in Montgomery on Sunday! Now, being from Montana, I don't really call this a Major Snowstorm, but it was white, and it did stick to the grass for an hour or so. It managed to snow big, wet snowflakes until about 2PM, but this was the most that actually lasted on the ground. The kids had it all planned out to play in the snow in the morning (yes, this was forecast). And before 7AM, they were out there in it, much to the chagrin of all the childless neighbors. :)
Payton all bundled up for his journey into the weather. Living in Alabama and California (with a year in the middle in Korea) he isn't so used to the cold OR the snow!
Payton drove over and picked up Ben as they planned on Saturday afternoon. Ben was waiting for him.....Kind of a fun, freak occurence living here in the Deep South. We did drive out in it for breakfast, after deciding that the roads were safe......not that we were worried about OUR driving in it, but all the Southerners who really call this snow!

4 comments:
This is amazing... and to think I was sooo excited to move to CO for snow... we haventhad that much this year... I guess Al is "stealing" it from us!
Payton needs to come to Montana and drive my Jeep around in the snow...I'll even let him go on the road and not just across peoples lawns :-) Great photos...
You call that snow? You should come visit me in Germany :) The good thing about the snow here is that it doesn't stay on the ground for very long.
I love all the tracks through the snow..back and forth and back and forth! It looks like they had a fantastic time. I'm from Alabama and I know what you mean about the drivers in the "snow". It was always so funny whenever we got "snow" because everything just shut down...noone was prepared to deal with it!
Post a Comment