Continuing our summer playing local tourists in the D.C. area, we made a trip up to Baltimore today to enjoy some of the sights. We also used to love Baltimore when we were stationed in Delaware, so we knew roughly what we wanted to do. However, when I pulled out the guidebook that we bought 9 years ago, I found that the Baltimore & Ohio railroad maintains their train museum right in downtown Baltimore.....so we HAD to go!!! And we also bought a membership, so we can go again and again. We ranked this one right up there with the fabulous California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento that we used to frequent while we were at Beale.
7 comments:
Sure beats the train ride at the zoo!
Awesome pics! You know the other part of that B&O museum is 15 just up the road from me in Ellicott City. I've never been to either, but my guess is the Ellicott City one isn't nearly as cool.
That place look so similiar to the one in Cali!!!! Even though i have girls they love trains... and light rails here in Denver!
The splash park looks refreshing!
Very close to the B&O museum is the Museum of Industry. Another one worth seeing...
Alex would be so Jealous. He loves trains. We are going to try and take the ICE/bullet train to Paris. when we go back.
It does remind me of CA....is this the one that we visit in Sept??
We've done that one too, and I remembered you always saying how much your little one liked trains, and so when we went there I immediately thought this was the place for you...but we sure did not like it...too many things that were historic and you couldn't climb on it...what's the fun of that?? But I sure hope you guys did..I sure wish we would coincidentally be in the same place at the same time..that'd be awesome!! ;)
Post a Comment