Monday, August 10, 2009

Mondays

I am reminded today, of why I hate Mondays.

The weekend is gone. Back to the grind. Up at dawn with all the rest of suburbia. The carefree sleeping in-nowhere I need to be-nobody needs me-delights of Saturday and Sunday, vanished.........

Oh right!!! I am a stay at home Mom!!! Mondays are just like any other day. Filled with the endless hours of "joy" raising two young children, taking care of assorted pets and home. As much as I love my family and my all-work-for-no-pay job, I want a VACATION!!!! Preferably without my children; to some remote beach where no speaking is allowed unless you are ordering a frozen drink with an umbrella in it. At the very least I want summer vacation to end and my kids to be back in school!!! This is the longest summer ever, since school ended in May in Alabama and they don't go back until after Labor Day here in Virginia. I mean seriously, this is a mother's worst nightmare.

So here's to my dream of Saturday and Sunday, and the first day of school. How I long to see thee.....four more weeks and counting......
The less than productive members of the KrazyFam. Every day is rough for them around here. They should work for their keep.

3 comments:

wildcatfanva said...

Hang in there - it will be here before you know it. I think the moving makes it seem even longer to me - of course, only seven more days and counting for us until school starts. ;)

Unknown said...

Don't you love pets :) School starts here is about 2 weeks and then I will have one less child during the day. Did I happen to mention that #3 is on the way?

marg said...

Just be glad you do not have to do all the things mentioned AND go to a job outside the home for 8 hours a day!! Tiny violins playing for you...:)