Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Kid You Not

So, we had some dramatic news today about our future assignment, which may or may not mean anything in the long run. Apparently we are NOT going to move to D.C. after all, but we may be moving to Southern California....though we don't know where or what job.

While discussing this stressful change in plans (as SoCal wasn't even on the brain at ALL) with a girlfriend, Payton chirps up...

P: "Mom, what you talking about?"

M: "Mommy is talking on the phone to Miss Jennifer."

P: "You talking about California?"

M: "Yes. Now go play"

P: "I want to move to California."

M(now distracted): "Why do you want to move to California?"

P: "Oh, because they have In N Out Burger there."

M: "Yes. Yummy."

P: "And that would make Mom happy and then you would buy me lots of Geo Trax."

M: "Oh really?"

P: "And Daddy would probably buy you a new car."

M: "But Mommy has her car already."

P: "Yes, but Mommy needs a new BMW to pick up lots of In N Out Burgers so we can buy more Geo Trax."


True story.....and circular reasoning. Not sure of the logic, but I like the burger idea.....

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

WHAT??? You're not moving to DC??! I was so excited about us living close again! We must talk soon! Very cute conversation though with P though...

KCB said...

hahaha. LOVE it! And the whole In-N-Out Burger car thing sounds logical to me. ;P And we were stationed at LA AFB (left in '03) and J's aunt lives in the area so I might be able to give you some info. Keep us posted.

Vicki said...

That is just like the military! I get burned every single time getting my hopes up only to have plans change. Hopefully you'll know something definite soon. A BMW and good burgers? Sound like the life to me :)

Unknown said...

That is classic thinking for a pre schooler :) Plus California sounds like fun. I've always wanted to go there.

Shelly said...

Payton and Kalei have similar reasoning skills :) It really is precious... ANd all I have to say about your assignment is ....Leave it to the AF! Best of luck finding out...and I know you will make it a party no matter where the AF takes you!

Lynn said...

I'm still voting for DC!!!

Cute conversation...

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to remind payton that if you move to cal. he and Grandma can do DISNEYLAND more then once a year !!!!!! Collin TOO !!!!!!!