Saturday, February 7, 2009

Movie Review


I took the kids to see this today, along with a couple of my girlfriends and their kids. Let me just say that, first of all, the moms cried pretty much THE WHOLE MOVIE!!! Secondly, for a family that has owned and loved a Labrador for 13 years, we could TOTALLY relate to the Naughty Dog Syndrome that was portrayed beautifully in this film. It was a really nice movie, with a really sad ending....but let's remember that this is a movie about the Circle of Life, and that all endings aren't always happy.

Collin and I both said how much it made us think of, and miss, Kenai (who died in 2006, but still feels like yesterday). And we all came home and gave Kodiak lots of love, including the neighbor kids. :)

Definitely recommend this movie for those of you who have, or who have loved, someone canine. :)

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I am so glad that you all enjoyed the movie... I am sure it brought back so many memories of Kenai. I remember when I read the book...it made me fall in love with Hershey all over again. I will one day watch this movie. But probably not anytime soon. I love your take on the movie... the circle of life! Beautiful! Kisses to Kodiak from the South Girls too!

Lindsey said...

When I read the book, I cried so hard that I couldn't see the page through my tears. So that is a movie I will definitely be missing! And Kenai was a great dog...

Unknown said...

I haven't seen it yet but I've heard really great things about it

KCB said...

I definitely want to see this movie! I'm going to try and read the book before watching it, though. Thanks for the review; it's now on my list. :)

marg said...

I'm glad you liked it...maybe it will help Collin as he processes through his grief over Kenai...I'm not sure I am up for more sadness right now...