Here some of us are in the hot tub. The boys loved it!
And here we are eating our dinner. The cabin was fully furnished with a full kitchen. We just brought in our food and personal items.
Of course, it didn't have a flush toilet, though it did have a shower. We had to use the "tidy privy," though the kids usually used the trees instead. :) We were totally isolated and secluded, so there was no fear of someone seeing them!
This is the train before the ride. It left the station at 6:00PM and was a 3 1/2 hour ride.
We crossed three trestles, which were really impressive....though Karl was pointing out the crumbling cement on them. :( Here Collin is looking down to the bottom of the valley.

The best part of the ride, by far, is the staged train robbery. Complete with cowboys that chase the train, shoot it, stop it, board it, and take your money (they give you play money at your place setting for them to take)
. Payton was TOTALLY freaked out by this and was very quick to give them the money. I hid mine in my cleavage....but he found it as you can see above. :) After the robbery, the gang all had a disagreement which led to a shootout and a hanging, and then one guy made off with all of the loot. It really was great and a lot of fun for all of us. The "robbers" looked like they had a wonderful time, and even gave the kids a handful of the money. (Collin made $147!!!)
. Payton was TOTALLY freaked out by this and was very quick to give them the money. I hid mine in my cleavage....but he found it as you can see above. :) After the robbery, the gang all had a disagreement which led to a shootout and a hanging, and then one guy made off with all of the loot. It really was great and a lot of fun for all of us. The "robbers" looked like they had a wonderful time, and even gave the kids a handful of the money. (Collin made $147!!!)A wonderful weekend! If you are ever in Lewistown on a Saturday in the summer, you MUST try it!!!
6 comments:
Hey, Gretch! It looks like you all are enjoying your time after the ROK! We will soon be off ourselves. We are in hell week...prepacking, shipping the van, HHG pick-up. I'm sure I'll be ready for a girl's night next week. If you're in the neighborhood... ;)
~Andrea
Sounds like fun (and of course you put the $ in your cleavage...I would have been disappointed if you hadn't)! But how many peeing pics are you gonna put on your blog??!
I have two boys...peeing is what they do. :)
What fun adventures you've had since leaving....keep the updates coming...they're always good for a laugh!! ;)
The peeing picture really is too funny! Guess this is a plus to having boys. :o)
Sounds like a really fun way to spend the weekend. And the thought of a secluded cabin (even if I'd have to use a privy toilet) is mighty tempting. I'm just a tad bit frazzled out here in the 'burbs...I could use some quiet. :P
Post a Comment