Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkins 08

Call me the Halloween Grinch, but my LEAST favorite holiday ritual, of any holiday, is pumpkin carving. Ugh, all that slime and elbow grease just to carve something into a pumpkin??? Totally not worth it to me. However, I always play along and try to be excited about the boys' choice of designs, and this year I was VERY pleased that Payton chose something so simple (since I am Payton's carver). Collin always goes for something rather complicated, but he has Karl for a carver, so he can afford to be difficult. Here they are with all the pumpkin gore.

And here is Collin with his finished Haunted House pumpkin and Payton with his cute kitty!

Happy Halloween!!!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the kitty pumpkin. It's so cute. We did not do pumpkins this year. We are not even going trick or treating. We are however going to a super cool halloween party at the Youth Center complete with Bouncy castle and games. Alex is going to be the Hulk and Coral is going to be a ballerina.

Lindsey said...

I am very impressed with both of your carving skills - 2 great lookin' pumpkins and 2 very cute kids! Good work! ;)

KCB said...

We carved our pumpkins (aka "bi appo") on Wednesday and C looooved getting into them to scoop out the gunk. Fun for her...not so much for me. LOL

KCB said...

PS> The pumpkins look great! Our look a little ghettofab...pics to come.