Last Christmas, Grandma Fell (Karl's Grandma) sent Collin a Tadpole Habitat. While we were in Korea, we were unable to have the tadpoles shipped to us, so we put the habitat in the closet. As soon as we got back to the States he wanted to have his tadpoles shipped, but they only ship them November-May because of heat issues. SO, November 1st I ordered them and they arrived today! Collin happened to be home sick today (with a VERY mild bug), so he was THRILLED to get to put Spikes and Dumpy in their new pond. Hopefully they will stay alive and we can learn a little about frog metamorphosis. Spikes and Dumpy are in Collin's room and have pretty sensitive water conditions, like only bottled water and no soapy hands or anything in there. They will eat frozen lettuce and spinach and a little fish food until they have legs, and then we need to give them those teeny crickets from the pet store (if they live that long).
Thanks Grandma for the great gift, even if it was a long time getting set up!
5 comments:
That IS a cool gift. Now you will have a real froggy!! See, I thought Froggy was actually a frog until you explained.
That IS a cool gift. Now you will have a real froggy!! See, I thought Froggy was actually a frog until you explained.
We love gifts like this! We had a butterfly nursery this summer and just received a ladybug nursery a few weeks ago. I was worried about the weather and haven't sent off for the ladybugs yet. Lauren loves the idea of a tadpole pond!! The girls can't wait to see more pics of them developing!
What an amazing gift... and teaching tool! I think that you will learn a lot from this... I will file this one away ofr the future!
You guys always have the coolest science-y stuff! What an awesome mom!
Post a Comment