Monday, May 18, 2009

Payton's Last Day of Preschool

Last week Payton finished up his time in preschool here in Alabama. We were so lucky to have found a GREAT preschool, literally 2 minutes away, and right across the street from Collin's school. The school was opening a new center when we got here, but after several construction hold-ups, they didn't actually move into the new building until after the Christmas break. Regardless, we had a wonderful year and Payton had so much fun at his "school."
Here he is getting into the treasure chest for the final time. This was ALWAYS a lengthy process. For the final day he chose a beautiful purple purse.....
.....which he is seen holding here with the 3-4 year old teacher, Miss Beverly.

And the 4-5 year old teacher, Miss Kerri. Miss Beverly and Miss Kerri are actually sisters and ran a wonderful classroom. We will miss them!!!
Payton will have one more year of preschool before Kindergarten. In Virginia, he IS eligible to start Kindergarten since his Birthday falls before September 30. However, we just really don't think that he is ready, since he won't be 5 until September 9. So I have already enrolled him in a similar preschool program in Virginia for next year. One more year with the "baby".....though I assured him that he can stop having rest time once he turns 5 in the fall. :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWW!! They grow up so very fast. His school sounds like it was fun.

KCB said...

Charlee's last day is tomorrow and I am so weepy with emotion! I didn't think I'd feel this way. We looooved Charlee's preschool and I am so bummed she won't be able to attend next year. I'm really, really hoping we find a similar program up at Scott...cross your fingers.