It is time for the KrazyFam to move again....so it is also time for the Top Five Lists. In a lot of ways, the Deep South is a lot like living in a foreign country for me, so this might be a challenge.....
5. The Southern Drawl. It is cute on little girls and pretty women...but horrendously annoying on everyone else. I am sorry....it makes you sound a whole lot less intelligent too.
4. "What church family do you belong to??" A favorite question from all Southerners. I have yet to perfect the answer for this one...usually I just fumble my way through something. I really need to come up with something snazzy like "We worship the Pagan Gods every solstice at dawn. Nude in the backyard."
3. Bare feet. There is this weird Alabama/Montgomery thing where they let their kids go everywhere in public with bare feet. Yes, I mean into stores and restaurants. It is so odd (and gross) to see a 10 year old dressed in Sunday best, with bare toes, walking through Wal Mart. Ewwww....
2. The War of Northern Aggression. I mean seriously. The Confederacy lost. Get over it.
And the #1 thing I will NOT miss about Alabama
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
1. TORNADO SIRENS!!!!! If I ever hear another siren, so help me, I had better see Dorothy and her sparkly red shoes swirling by the window. The sirens here go off if there is even a wisp of a maybe-sort of-kinda tornado, ANYWHERE in the county (and it is a big county). Which pretty much means every time there is a thunderstorm.
2 comments:
Yeah, I don't think I would miss those things either. Just be glad that you have tornado sirens because one day it might save your life!!
Yes! The icky feet! Some kid was barefoot at Kindergarten graduation!!!
Post a Comment