I am sorry that we have been MIA recently. Many of you know this, but my Grandmother passed away on the 21st and I went to Maine last Thursday, through today, for her funeral. She lived a long and full life (95 years young), died in her sleep, in her own home, of old age and no long illness, so we are all very grateful for those blessings. My brother, sister, parents, and uncle were all able to be there, so that too was a blessing. As somber of an occasion as it was, it is always wonderful to spend time with family. :) It has been a LOT harder on me than I expected. My Grammie was close with us kids growing up and played an important role in our lives even though she was in Maine and we were in Idaho, California, and Montana. Many of you know that I am quite an emotional person, and I will let you know that I have been crying pretty much since last Friday. The closing of this chapter has been rough, but I am sure I will make it. Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words and help during this ordeal. Sigh......
Needless to say, I am back home and ready to finish up our year here in Montgomery. We have just over one month before we move to Virginia. THAT will be a whole other undertaking, but not one that we aren't used to. :) Payton has two weeks left of preschool, and Collin has 4 weeks left of school. Hard to believe that we are winding down so fast now. I should have more to post in the coming weeks.
Love to all, and thanks for reading, even if I am not always here to update it. :)
6 comments:
(((HUGS)))!! Those are your virtual hugs, but you can collect the real ones in a little over a month. Love you!
Hugs, G! Sending you comforting vibes. I'm here if you need me!
I am so sorry for your loss. From what you described she lived an amazing life and she was obviously blessed with a beautiful family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
So sorry for your loss. I still have a grandmother and grandfather (opposite sides of the family) living. At least you can take comfort in the fact that she didn't suffer and lived a long happy life.
I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother. You are in my prayers
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Our thoughts are with you.
Post a Comment