The positive side......
5. Year round flip flops. Ask my friends here. Even on the coldest days, I was still wearing flip flops and sandals. Nothing beats cute pedicures 365.
4. Small town life. Montgomery is a decent size city, but it still feels pretty small town. And that is nice. It doesn't take very long to get anywhere. We know where everything is. People know people. It is nice....
3. My husband home every night. He may say that he is surprised that this made the list as I often complain that he isn't gone enough, BUT, after 16+ years in the Air Force, with him gone for many of them, it has been wonderful to have him home evenings and weekends this year he has been at school. Now, if he would just stay at work until at LEAST 4:30 it would be perfect.......
2. The passion for sports. No, I am not a huge sports fan. And no, I don't care one teeny bit about whether Auburn or Alabama wins, BUT, Alabamans are THE most passionate people I have ever seen about college sports, especially football. It is really quite funny.
And the #1 thing I will miss most about Alabama
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
1. My girls. Always my girls. We have been really lucky this year to have been surrounded by great friends here on our street. All of our kids play together. The ladies do things all the time. The men even have Guy Nights. I will miss our impromptu gatherings in the front yard, our morning walks, our bitch sessions, the ease of borrowing random crap from each other (like a plant or some Goo Gone), and even our drama (and let me tell you, there has been some DRAMA!). It has been a FUN year....full of some great ups and some really low downs, but we have all come out better for it. I will miss my Bus Stop Babes and all of their brethren. Love you Girls!!!!!!
3 comments:
Isn't moving bitter sweet? I'm sure that Alabama will miss the Krazy Fam too :)
AWWW ...isnt it funny how sometimes the worst locations turn out to be the best assignments because of the people... that is how we felt about Beale. I wished I could have brought all my friends to CO with us! Good luck with the move!
You have had some great posts about time with "the girls." Glad you found such a great group there. We've got a lot of fun gals up here in these northern parts too. ;o)
Post a Comment