100 Things You May Not Know About Me, or the KrazyFam
1. When I was a little girl, I used to fill up our camping coolers with little toads that my brother and I caught. My parents would always be after us to set them free. I can't imagine why!
2. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Austria.
3. I hate ants and cockroaches, but can passably tolerate most other bugs.
4. I don't have a given middle name, but use my maiden name now that I am married.
5. I still have my wisdom teeth.
6. Karl and I have no wedding crystal. I think that it is a goofy waste of money for a guest to give you crap that you won't ever use.
7. I love the New Kids on the Block. Always have, always will.
8. I raised three Guide Dog puppies when I was a teenager. Two graduated and worked as Guides, one "failed" and moved in permanently with us until he was 13 years old and departed for doggie afterlife.
9. I have never been to jail.
10. I am agnostic. God and Jesus are a really nice story, but I just don't think that they are more than that.
11. I yell. At my kids, at the dog, on the phone, to Karl, when I am happy, when I am pissed....I just yell.
12. Both the boys were born via C-section. Both were breech and wanted to come out butt first.
13. I don't take any medications but my daily vitamins....and wine.
14. One of my best friends in the whole wide World left me with no explanation. And I have never heard from her again.
15. I can distinctly remember my Dad discussing my period with me when I was 13. He should have left it to Mom.
16. My favorite color is orange.
17. I hate to cook.
18. I started wearing glasses in fourth grade, but didn't wear contacts until 7th.
19. I would never do Lasix. Too freaky for me.
20. I wear ankle socks with my tennis shoes.
21. We don't have any matching luggage.
22. I don't go to the gym. I hate to work out like that. I walk every day, but definitely no gym.
23. My favorite body part is my boobs....duh, we paid for them so I'd better like them. :)
24. I wish I were more of a Green Thumb like my Mom.
25. I swear a lot. My favorite exclamation is "Son of a B#tch!!!!"
26. The boys don't swear at all. Like ever. Isn't that odd? I am sure they will drop a big F bomb at a very inopportune moment.
27. One of my favorite childhood memories is spending lazy summer days on the Selway River in Idaho.
28. The one thing that I buy every week at the grocery, without fail, is kitchen sponges. I never, ever run out.
29. I love flip-flops.
30. Chewing gum hurts my jaw.
31. I wasn't there for my brother's wedding. :(
32. My Dad doesn't work for the CIA, but there was a time that we almost convinced my sister that he did.
33. Karl sleeps on the right, and I sleep on the left. But I can't sleep on the left if it has a view out the door and down the hall.
34. Team sports freak me out. I don't want to make a fool of myself.
35. I was 18 when Karl and I got married. What was I thinking??? :)
36. I love, love, love the Olympics. I watch it into the wee hours of every night that it is on, though I am a little more partial to the Winter Games.
37. I have a wart on the inside of my knee that I keep having burned off, and it keeps coming back. Awesome huh??? :)
38. I rarely check my blind spot when changing lanes.
39. I have seen a ghost.
40. I would eat at In N Out burger every day of the week if I could.
41.The boys would do the same for McDonald's.
42. Karl would rather die than do that for either.
43. I often forget to shave...don't look too closely.
44. I drink a glass of wine every day.
45. I hate to talk about finances. Karl and I fight about that a lot. He loves investing the money and I just love to spend it.
46. I sleep in the nude. ;)
47. I love that gritty stuff in toothpaste and in the cleaner at the dentist. It is so crunchy!
48. I wanted to be a cruise director on The Love Boat when I grew up. I must have made a wrong turn somewhere.
49. I don't really like to get my hair cut. I feel a little claustrophobic stuck in that chair under that cape.
50. I am halfway there!
51. I have a haunted painting that my Grandmother painted. The apple tree in it blooms and "un-blooms" all the time.
52. I love to sit and watch the sprinkler sprinkle.
53. I used to work for Wal Mart in college, which is why I hate to shop there now.
54. I try to take a nap just about every day.
55. I am afraid of roller coasters and never ride on them. Ever.
56. Collin is pretty afraid of rides too, but Karl makes him try most of them just because he doesn't want him to turn into me!
57. Payton is the daredevil. There aren't too many things that scare him (except for bad cowboys that rob trains!)
58. I am not a very good swimmer. I can swim, just not very well.
59. I never, ever, ever parallel park. I will go around the block 15 times until I find another space. I hope I never move to the city.
60. I stir my ice cream so that is more like soft serve.
61. I love to read, but feel like I don't have enough time to do it every day.
62. I love to veg out in front of the T.V. too. :)
63. I wear my watch on my left hand.
64. I love rechargeable batteries.
65. I can't play any instruments, but I was in Choir all through High School.
66. Karl wants to learn the piano, but his Mom has been taking care of our piano since we moved to Korea, so I don't think that will happen any time soon.
67. Mango-a-Go Go from Jamba Juice.....YUMMMMM!
68. I rarely clean the refrigerator. Karl gripes at me all the time about old food in there.
69. This is a fun number isn't it???
70. I have a lip gloss/Chap Stick fetish.
71. I almost never drink soda, but I am on a recent Cherry Coke kick.
72. Karl LIVES on Diet Coke.
73. I was born in Vermont. Pretty obscure huh?
74. I can speak and understand pretty good Spanish.
75. Collin took a Spanish class.....in Korea!!! :) That always cracks me up.
76. I sweep the floor every day.
77. One time, at Band Camp............ (I couldn't resist)
78. If I got a flat tire, I am pretty sure I wouldn't know how to change it.
79. I miss my Mom. She is all the way in Montana and I don't get to see her enough. My Dad too! 80. I collect giraffes.
81. Tornadoes scare me. Even just the idea of them freaks me out.
82. I use Windex to clean just about everything.
83. I do shop for retail therapy. It's more fun than real therapy!
84. I have done real therapy. I quit going when my therapist wanted to age-regress me, via hypnosis, to when I was a sperm!!! Whacko!
85. I am a sucker for Gap Kids sales!
86. I hate to work. Eventually, I figure that I am going to have to grow up a get a job, but I would rather be a Stay-at-Home forever.
87. I have never been to Alaska.
88. I used to be a cheerleader. Rah rah rah! Sis boom bah!
89. I vote in every election, though my side often loses.
90. I am not Democrat or Republican. I am more Independent and vote for who I like the best.
91. Spam Text Messages make me crazy.
92. I have some hidden body piercings. ;)
93. This is the year I graduated High School.
94. I have been 29 since 2004. :)
95. My degree is in Biology from Mississippi State University. I transferred there fourth year since Karl was in pilot training there.
96. My sister makes me laugh more than anyone I know. We always have a good time together.
97. I hate making new friends. I just know that I will have to move away from them at some point and it makes it hard to fall in "friend love" that way.
98. Our dog of 13 years died almost two years ago. Collin and I still cry about her. Her little box is in our living room and some day, maybe, I will do something with her cremains.
99. I love to visit my Mother in Law. She may not believe me, but I love to go to her house because it is so comfortable and I never feel as though I am a "guest."
100!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when people comment on my blog. I have several regulars, but I know that more of you are reading and not commenting. Shame on you! It is very easy. Just click on the "Comments" tab at the bottom of each post. You don't have to have a Google account. Just click on the Anonymous tab and be sure to sign your post so I know who you are. Leaving a comment lets me know that you like, or dislike something that I have posted, so let me know!!!! As an incentive, I will enter every person who comments on THIS post into a FABULOUS drawing!
Who WOULDN'T want to win this classy Alabama Pride T-Shirt and snazzy Montgomery, Alabama photo frame magnet???? Hey, I may even throw in a picture of the KrazyFam for you to put in the frame! Remember, all you have to do to have a chance at this Once in a Lifetime loot is leave a comment on THIS post. :) I will hold the drawing on this Saturday, September 13. Happy Commenting and thank you for reading! I love my blog, and hope that you do too!
14 comments:
I knew I liked you for a reason, we have more than a few of these in common. And you have all year to figure out which ones ;)
Awesome list!!! I love reading these. Congrats on reaching this milestone.
married at 18?!?, lol at #23, #24 me too, #39 & #51 please explain..., #46 TMI!
#100 ME TOO!!! Comments are the greatest, and I am very glad you joined in the bloggy fun!
LOVE IT!! I learned so much about you.
There is my comment.:) I want that Alabama shirt. phahahahahahaha!!!
You have sold me on wanting my own blog now.
hugs - sally
This was a very enlightening post. I learned more about you here than I ever knew about you in Korea!! What fun. I'll have to do that when I get to my 100th post. A few of those were TMI :)
Congrats on your 100th post! You beat me to it, even though I started my blog just before you (you must be a more persistent blogger than me). Now I'm feeling the pressure - how could I ever live up to your awesome 100th post? Just when I thought I knew everything there was to know about G, you go and throw some woozies in there!
I remember catching toads in Cali there Gretc, and I really didn't need to know some of the other things....
Yes, Gretchen, I do read and enjoy your blog. I especailly like the photos of the guys, whom I have not seen for far too long. Herb
This is GREAT! 1. I LOVE NKOTB too... Donnie is my main man!
2. I had a wort like that on my knee and I had to take something orally and it just fell off!
3. I will never ever parallel park either!
4. I love when people comment on my blog too!
Thanks for sharing! YOu are a RIOT!!!
I like #79 best.....:) and feel the same way about you..
The CIA huh? Actually I was at the Farm last week. Don't tell your sister tho. It's a secret. Dad
Fun, fun, fun. You crack me up. :) I reached my 100th last week but I've been so busy with school work I haven't been able to get my post together. I'll do it soon...Anyways, love your blog and love you! Hope to get to see you soon!!!!
Hey Girl......that took some serious thought on your part to come up with all that!! But very entertaining and informative (Hidden body piercings, huh??) Doesn't everybody have those!! ;)
Should have realized that many of these we have in common-even the sleeping arrangments;} We sure do miss y'all. I really didn't know it would be this easy to comment, but I do read your blog all the time. I should do this-but I need someone to "hold my hand" through the process.-hopelessly computer illiterate PC0
Hi Gretchen,
I came across "Krazy Fam" through a link from Shelly's blog. I thought I'd finally say "hi". I love your blog and I especially love this post. You crack me up!
Post a Comment