Monday, September 22, 2008

Congratulations Heidi and Joe!!!

Me, my Dad, Heidi, Joe, my Mom, and my brother John
(and no, I am NOT hiding a baby bump in my dress. It is cut that way, but it looks a bit like I am pregnant, or fat, of which I am neither!)

I was lucky enough to make a quick trip to Oregon this weekend to celebrate my sister Heidi's wedding to Joe. It was a really beautiful ceremony, and while a bit non-traditional, it was really special for all of us to be a part of it. Wonderful memories and moments made this a great weekend with family. Thank you H & J!!!


While I was there, Karl stayed home with the boys. Since he had to work on Friday, and Collin was in school, and airline tickets cost more than my car, we decided that it was just easiest for me to travel alone this time. I was able to spend some wonderful time with my nephews and they kept my Mom-skills in working order.

Nate and Zach in their wedding T-shirts

3 comments:

Shelly said...

That DRESS IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!
I am going to be going to a wedding in Nov in Boston and I am having the hardest time finding a dress. Gretchen you are beautiful...and never, ever FAT!
I am glad you got to be there for your sis on her special day.

Unknown said...

Wow,
Looks like a fun trip. I definitely don't think you look prego and that is a great color on you by the way. I am currently in Oklahoma. I made an impromtu decision to come and visit Greg before he leaves for Iraq Decided on Monday, arrived at Fort Sill on Tuesday. Had really good luck at the PAX terminals I guess.

Lynn said...

I agree with the masses...you look great! Hope you enjoyed every minute with your fam.