Tuesday, March 2, 2010

20/20

I know, I know...I haven't posted in ages. No more excuses....I am back on the ball. :)

Not much has been happening, but, my big news to report is that I am NO LONGER wearing glasses!!! After Karl's successful PRK last month, I was jealous, and made him pay for me to get done too. So last Thursday I got lasered at TLC Vision Centers. LOVE them!!! The results are getting better every day. I won't go into all the ins and outs of the surgery and the recovery, but it is completely normal for it to take a few weeks or even months before my vision stabilizes. As of today, day 5 post-op, I am about 20/40.

My last time wearing these babies

Getting prepped. See that toothbrush looking thing? They used that to literally scrub the cells off the surface of my eye. If you know me well, you know that I don't do medical stuff well. But this whole process was really nothing. The worst part was when they taped my eyelashes out of the way (and subsequently ripped it off).

Dr. Holtzman zapping me. It took less than 20 seconds for one eye and just over 30 for the other.

Post-op fashion glasses. My girlfriend Vicki came to watch and Karl came to drive. He waited out front with Payton. We didn't want to traumatize him!!! Thanks V for the moral support! She got to watch through the observation window and was kind enough to take the pictures.

The BEST part of the experience was the fact that the doc told me to come home and drink a glass of wine with my Xanax that they gave me. I am never one to disobey doctors orders, so I did just that. These are my special sleep goggles that I am supposed to wear for a while so I don't rub my eyes in my sleep. Hot aren't I????

9 comments:

Jennifer Bohnart said...

love it and I think you could start a fashion statement between the sippy cup/straw wine glass and the goggles- you are one hot chick!
hope it all goes quickly for you!!!

Angela said...

Good for you! You are the first success story out of my three friends that have had it done. I am too chicken :)

Strommer Family said...

Awesome for you to get that done..Chris so very much wants his done too..did the military do your husband's or did he pay to do it himself??

marg said...

Love the sleep glasses and sippy wine glass...you are just a total fashion statement...Your hair is really getting long too!!

KCB said...

Cuuuute sleep goggles. :) You make 'em look so sexy. LOL Can't wait to hear your review in a few more months. I've been wanting to get this done, too, but havne't worked up the courage to take the plunge.

Congrats!

Lynn said...

Are you drinking wine with a straw? You are so classy... ;o)

Congratulations on seeing the world in a whole new way!

Lynn said...

Are you drinking wine with a straw? You are so classy... ;o)

Congratulations on seeing the world in a whole new way!

wildcatfanva said...

Glad it is going well for you... you know I am still terrified of having it done. Maybe your success will motivate me.
M

Lindsey said...

Ewwww....ripped off eyelashes....I am cringing! But I'm loving the wine sippy cup!