Sometimes the best laid plans get altered as you go...
We had plans to go to the Zoo today with friends, but I think every other family in town had the same plan, and we couldn't get any parking. :( So we switched gears and decided to head down to the Tidal Basin to look at the cherry blossoms, which hit peak tomorrow. There were still oodles of people, and there wasn't any parking too close, but we managed to find a wonderful spot, without too many people, right next to the water. So it ended up being a fabulous afternoon! Thanks V, R, and A!!!!
The view of the Jefferson Memorial, the Tidal Basin, and the trees
Cherry Blossoms
Climbing the trees. :) C and R had a great time playing in the trees. V and I both remarked how nice it is that a boy and a girl can still play together and find something in common that they both want to do. They had a great time!!!
Looking for sticks to throw in the water. P and A are too little to climb the trees, so they spent their time tossing stuff in. :)
We were planning on heading in this weekend to see the trees with Karl, BUT, after seeing the gobs of people that were there on a Wednesday, I think that we may forget about the weekend. :) They certainly are beautiful though!!!!
4 comments:
Love the pic of all the kids in the tree! And LOVE the cherry blossoms! I'm thinking about heading down there on Monday. Maybe it'll be less crowded after-peak? Fingers crossed.
Glad you enjoyed it. It looked beautiful. I was stuck indoors with no windows :)
I agree with Lindsey, the one with all the kids in the tree is adorable. Love those cherry blossoms!
How did you manage to get 4 blue eyed blonds all in a tree at the same time.....nice photos....
Post a Comment