Saturday, May 31, 2008

Military Family Appreciation Day

K had to work today, so the kids and I walked down to the Commissary to check out the Military Family Appreciation party. Free lunch, free movies, music, and a few activities for the little ones. It was sponsored by the USO and the Commissary and was a nice way to spend a bit of our morning.
They were offering hand painting...which is a variation on face painting (I guess). The guys were pretty crafty, took requests and tried to do their best.


C requested a Stag Beetle and was sure to tell the guy that they had big claws.


Payton wanted a train (oh, the SURPRISE!) and wanted it with a #3.

This is the result. Not too bad.... The sad part is that we went to the pool this afternoon and they washed right off. They haven't really noticed yet, but I am sure that a few tears will be coming when they do. :(


I will say that all of these free things are made possible by some great organizations, like the USO. Many "normal" Americans give to these organizations and this is just what they do....provide morale and welfare for the troops and their families. So thank you to all who support us!!!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Come on...let 'em get the real tatoos already! ;)

marg said...

What cute little hands....Payton still has those chubby wrists...cannot wait to see all of you with or without hand painting!! MOMA

KCB said...

How fun! I'm kinda bummed we missed it. There's nothing like over here...everything comes with a price tag. *sigh*