Monday, August 18, 2008

Cavities! :(

I took the boys to the dentist today and while Payton got an A+ report card, Collin has two early cavities that they want to fill, and two thin spots that they want to watch. Grrrrr.....I feel like we are pretty good about getting his teeth well brushed every day, but apparently not good enough. :) They are all in between his teeth, so I suppose that means we need to floss more. Don't we all have that problem??? Oh, and they said to limit juice and milk to mealtime only and drink water the rest of the day. I pretty much do that already, so I don't think that is the problem. Hopefully he will inherit the good Greer permanent teeth like his mother and get all this dental work out of the way with those baby teeth.

Anyhow, the dentist that I took them to was Payton's dream come true. They have a real life caboose that serves as the waiting room, and there is train paraphernalia all over the office. Super cute!!! Even Collin was suitably impressed with the design. :) The above picture was of the two of them up in the caboose lookout.

So, Collin goes BACK on Thursday for two fillings. They are small enough that they can be done at the same time, but still.......I am such a failure as the KrazyFam Dental Hygienist!!! OK, maybe just partly a failure since Payton's teeth look perfect. :)

5 comments:

KCB said...

It must be in the water...I have two cavitites, too, that I'm getting fixed this afternoon. Ugh.

Lindsey said...

You are not a failure...you are a superhero - batgirl!

Angela said...

Better now in the baby teeth than in the adult ones!

Lynn said...

I think it is a whole lot more about the genes and teeth you are given than the care they receive...

Anonymous said...

The problem is not yours, Gretchen. Remember your grandmother lost her natural teeth at an early age, and we never saw her parents with their own teeth. It's in the genes. I have enough amalgum in my mouth to sink a battleship, and have been getting fillings since I was 14.