Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Propaganda and the ACSC Machine

Otherwise known as "Spouse Orientation Day" here at ACSC. My friend Angela (you may remember her from NEO Chick Twister Fame in Korea) and I went together (as she said, there is safety in numbers). It was mostly "what a great year you will have" and "don't forget to support your ACSC family by buying a cookbook," but we did learn a very interesting fact from one of the professors that gave us a demo lecture. He said that Wal Mart has more money than all but 19 countries in the entire world. Ugh.....those damn Walton's.

Anyhow, the above pic, while terrible of me (I will blame the bad lighting and humidity frizzed hair), is a nice one of Angela (her lighting must have been better on her side, and her hair definitely wasn't frizzy). We took this in the hallway outside their flight rooms where they even have lockers for their stuff while they are at school. It was like Junior High all over again. I can't say that it made me miss it.

Did we learn anything new and exciting? Ummmm, no. But they paid the students to stay home with the kids while the spouses listened to our propaganda speeches and tried to look interested in all the info that we don't really need to hear at this point in the Air Force game....so I call it a draw.....(wow, I used a lot of parentheses in this one)

1 comment:

KCB said...

You two look great! I'm jealous you two have each other...I've got nada over here in VB. (Not entirely true but whatev...lol) Tell A I said, "Hey." I may have to take a trip down there...