As for the scorpion, he is pretty cool (and we are fairly sure that he is a "he"). This particular type is an Emperor Scorpion from Africa and is very docile and not at all dangerous even if he did sting you. He is a tropical scorpion, so he has potting soil and not sand in his habitat. He is pretty big...maybe 5 inches long and can get up to about 8. He will need to be fed about every other day, and will eat pretty much anything "buggy." Collin will be catching food for him for now, but as things get scarce this winter, we will have to buy crickets or mealworms for him. His care is pretty low key....fresh water, food every other day, and a change in potting soil every couple of months.
So, it was a pretty exciting day around here. There is only one pet store in the area that carries scorpions, and we have been waiting patiently for them to get some new ones in. For now, he is in the kitchen until our stuff gets here and we can move him into Collin's room. Anyone want to pet sit????And he named him Froggy (a perfectly normal name for a scorpion!)
4 comments:
And THIS is why the title "Krazy Fam" is so fitting....I guess this is what happens though when you have boys! Too bad we don't live closer to pet sit. ;o)
Wow, I am impressed with Collin's money management skills! Way to go, kiddo! He'll be a great scorpion dad.
Good Job Collin....However,I am not babysitting a scorpion for a year!! Love you...Moma
Congratulations to Collin for his persistence and diligence. Glad that I am far enough away not to need to offer to pet-sit. I think that they are pretty closely related to dinosaurs! Glad, Gretchen, that your car FINALLY arrived, with only minor damage. Herb
Post a Comment